1) NAME AND CONTACT DETAILS OF THE CONTROLLER AND OF THE COMPANY DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
This privacy information applies to the data processing by:
HPL Technologies GmbH
Person in charge:
Tobias Phillip Utsch, Campus-Boulevard 79, 52074 Aachen
E-Mail: info [at] wecodur.de
2) COLLECTION AND STORAGE OF PERSONAL DATA AND THE NATURE AND PURPOSE OF THEIR USE
We implement physical, technical and administrative security measures to adequately protect your personal information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or alteration. These security measures include firewalls, data encryption, physical access restrictions on our data centers, and authorization controls on access to data. Occasionally, we may also use information about you from other sources and add it to our information. This includes in particular information from public directories (e.g. commercial register).
a) When visiting the website
When you call up our website wecodur.de, information is automatically sent to the server of our website by the browser used on your terminal device. This information is temporarily stored in a so-called log file. The following information is recorded without your intervention and stored until it is automatically deleted:
- IP address of the requesting computer, shortened by the last three digits
- Date and time of access,
- Name and URL of the retrieved file,
- Website from which the access takes place (referrer URL),
- the browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer and the name of your access provider,
- access methods/functions desired by the requesting computer,
- of the web server (file transferred, file not found, command not executed, etc.)
The aforementioned data will be processed by us for the following purposes:
- Guarantee a comfortable use of our website,
- system security and stability, and
- other administrative purposes.
b) For access with a mobile device
Most mobile devices allow their users to switch off location-based services. In most cases, this option can be found in the menu under “Settings”. Click here for information about specific devices. If you have additional questions about how to turn off location-based services on your device, we recommend that you contact your mobile operator or the manufacturer of your device.
c) When contacting by e-mail
Data that you send us by e-mail will be processed for the purposes of communication and data exchange in accordance with Art. 6 Para. 1 lit. a), b), c), f) DSGVO. This data is stored as long as its processing is necessary for these purposes or until the expiry of any subsequent retention periods, in particular in accordance with the German Commercial Code (HGB) and the German Fiscal Code (AO).
d) For applications by e-mail
Your application data will be received by the Human Resources Department and will only be forwarded to the department responsible for the respective position or to the persons in charge of processing. The data processing is based on Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a) DSGVO. By submitting your application documents, you consent to the processing of your personal data within the framework of the application procedure. After completion of the applicant selection procedure, we will retain your application documents for a further three months and delete them afterwards, unless we have concluded an employment contract with you. If necessary, we will provide you with a separate questionnaire in which you can actively agree to the further storage of your documents. Please note that applications sent to us by e-mail are transmitted to us unencrypted.
We use the following category of cookies on our website:
Absolutely necessary cookies: These cookies are necessary for you to be able to navigate our website and use its functions, for example when accessing password-protected areas. Without these cookies, we cannot provide you with certain services that you have requested. We use essential cookies to uniquely identify registered users so that they are recognized during their stay and when they return to the website.
The following cookies are used by us – if you allow this and have not set one or more opt-out cookies – for the purpose described in more detail:
Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how you use websites, such as which pages you visit most frequently and whether you receive error messages from websites. These cookies do not collect any data by which you can be identified. All information collected using these cookies is anonymous and is used solely to improve the functionality and service of the website. We therefore use performance cookies to compile statistics on how our website is used and to see how effective our advertising campaigns are.
Functionality/Personalization Cookies: These cookies allow websites to remember previous information from you (e.g., username, language, etc.) in order to provide optimized features tailored to the visitor. For example, a website can provide you with up-to-date information by storing your current location in a cookie. These cookies are also used to maintain settings that you make on the website (e.g. font or size and other user-customizable options). They are also used to provide services requested by you, such as when you want to watch a video. These cookies are not able to track your browser activity on other websites. They do not collect any information about you that can be used for advertising purposes and cannot track where you have been on the Internet outside our website. We therefore only use functionality/personalization cookies to recognize you when you visit our website again and to personalize content and save your settings.
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are carried out on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO. With the tracking measures used, we want to ensure that our website is designed to meet the needs of our customers and is continuously optimised. On the other hand, we use the tracking measures to record the use of our website statistically and evaluate it for the purpose of optimising our offer for you. These interests are to be regarded as justified in the sense of the aforementioned regulation. The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be taken from the corresponding tracking tools.
i) Google Analytics
We use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google LLC, for the purpose of tailoring our pages to your needs and continuously optimizing them https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/ (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter “Google”). In this context, pseudonymised user profiles are created and cookies (see section 3 below) are used. The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website such as
- Browser type/version,
- the operating system used,
- Referrer-URL (the previously visited page),
- Host name of the accessing computer (IP address),
- Time of the server request,
ii) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
iii) Use of Google Maps
We use Matomo for analysis and statistical evaluation of the use of the website. Cookies are used for this purpose (see point 3). https://matomo.org/
This website uses Google AdSense, a service for integrating advertisements from Google LLC (“Google”). Google AdSense uses so-called “cookies”, text files which are stored on your computer and which enable an analysis of the use of the website. Google AdSense also uses so-called web beacons (invisible graphics). Through these web beacons information such as visitor traffic on these pages can be evaluated.
The information generated by cookies and web beacons about the use of this website (including your IP address) and delivery of advertising formats are transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. This information may be passed on by Google to contractual partners of Google. However, Google will not merge your IP address with other data stored by you.
5) Social Media Plug-ins
We use social plug-ins from the social networks Youtube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and XING on our website on the basis of Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO. The underlying advertising purpose is to be regarded as a legitimate interest within the meaning of the DSGVO. The responsibility for the data protection compliant operation is to be guaranteed by their respective providers. The integration of this plug-in by us is done by means of the so-called two-click method in order to protect visitors to our website in the best possible way.
Films and buttons of the video portal provider YouTube LLC are integrated on our internet pages. Youtube LLC is a subsidiary of Google LLC. The provider of the Google+ site and the YouTube channel uses plugins of the provider Google, which are provided by the company Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, in the USA. Movies can be recognized by the “play button”, placed in the middle of the movie – buttons can be recognized by the YouTube logo. If you call up a page of our website that contains such a button or film, a direct connection is established between your browser and the respective YouTube/Google server. Youtube/Google thereby receives the information that you have visited our site with your IP address. For logged-in Google users, this means that the usage data is assigned to their personal Google account. If you use functions on the internet that have embedded active Google functions that Google offers (e.g. for giving a “like” or for comments that you post), data is transmitted and published that can be related to your Google account. If you click the Youtube button while you are logged in to your Youtube/Google account, you can link the content of our pages on your Youtube/Google profile. This allows Youtube/Google to assign visits to our pages to your user accounts. We would like to point out that we, as the provider of the pages, have no knowledge of the content of the transmitted data or its use by Youtube/Google. If you do not want Youtube/Google to be able to assign visits to our pages, please log out of your Youtube/Google user account.
This, along with other data and your real name if you have entered it in your Google profile, could help Google determine your identity and habits under that profile. In particular, if you always log in to Google using this user profile, Google could discover your preferences, contacts and lifestyle. As a user, before posting your posts and comments, you should review them to see if they contain any information that you do not wish to post. Your contributions and topics can be entered into search engines and thus become accessible worldwide.
6) RIGHTS CONCERNED
You have the right:
- to request information about your personal data processed by us in accordance with Art. 15 DSGVO. In particular, you may request information on the purposes of the processing, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned duration of storage, the existence of a right of rectification, cancellation, restriction of processing or opposition, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if not collected by us, as well as the existence of automated decision making including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on the details thereof;
- in accordance with Art. 16 DSGVO to immediately request the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- in accordance with Art. 17 DSGVO to request the deletion of your personal data stored with us, unless the processing is necessary to exercise the right to freedom of expression and information, to fulfil a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or to assert, exercise or defend legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 DSGVO, to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data if you dispute the accuracy of the data, if the processing is unlawful but you refuse to delete it and we no longer require the data, but you require it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims or if you have lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with Art. 21 DSGVO;
- in accordance with Art. 20 DSGVO to receive your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request the transfer to another responsible party;
- in accordance with Art. 7 Para. 3 DSGVO to revoke your once given consent to us at any time. As a result, we may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent for the future and
- to complain to a supervisory authority in accordance with Art. 77 DSGVO As a rule, you can turn to the supervisory authority of your usual place of residence or workplace or of the seat of our foundation. A list of the addresses of the state data protection authorities can be found on the website of the: Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information https://www.bfdi.bund.de.
7) RIGHT OF OBJECTION
If your personal data are processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data pursuant to Art. 21 DSGVO, if there are reasons for doing so that arise from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which will be implemented by us without indicating a special situation. If you wish to exercise your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to info [at] wecodur.de.
8) PRIVACY OF MINORS
We do not knowingly collect or solicit any information from, or knowingly permit any person under the age of 16 to submit information to us. Our website and its contents are not directed at children under 16 years of age. If we discover that we have collected personal information from a person under the age of 16 without the consent of a parent or guardian, we will delete that information as soon as possible unless we are required by law to retain it.
9) DATA SECURITY
We use the common SSL (Secure Socket Layer) method in connection with the highest encryption level supported by your browser. As a rule, this is a 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page of our website is being transmitted in encrypted form by the closed display of the key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser. We also use suitable technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously improved in line with technological developments.
10) TRANSMISSION TO THIRD COUNTRIES AND LEGAL BASIS
Personal data will only be transferred to third countries
- in the context of the use of Google Analytics on the basis of the adequacy decision of the EU Commission on the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield pursuant to Art. 45 DSGVO.
- as part of the activation of the YouTube videos, provided you have given your consent in accordance with Art. 49 para. 1 lit. a DSGVO.
The servers of some of the service providers we use are located in the USA and other countries outside the European Union. Companies in these countries are subject to data protection laws which do not generally protect personal data to the same extent as in the member states of the European Union. If your data is processed in a country that does not have a recognised high level of data protection like the European Union, this is done on the basis of the EU Commission’s adequacy decision on the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield in accordance with Art. 45 DSGVO or the EU Standard Treaty 2010 in accordance with Art. 46 Para. 2 lit. c DSGVO in conjunction with the decision of the EU Commission of 05.02.2010 (2010/87/EU) or in accordance with Art. 49 Para. 1 lit. a DSGVO.
11) TRANSMISSION TO LAW ENFORCEMENT AND CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION AUTHORITIES
In exceptional cases we transmit personal data to law enforcement and criminal investigation authorities. This is done on the basis of corresponding legal obligations, e.g. from the Code of Criminal Procedure, the Tax Code, the Money Laundering Act or state police laws.
Due to the further development of our website and offers above or due to changed legal or official requirements, it may become necessary to change this data protection declaration. You can access and print out the current data protection declaration at any time on the website at wecodur.de/datenschutz/.